Wednesday, August 01, 2007

New Dawn... New Day

Its been a really long minute guys.

What can I say, a lot has happened, but as the title says, its a new dawn and a new day, God is on the throne so...just watch this space.....

So on to my random gists :) yea yea yea, I know you guys missed that! But first, I just need to clarify that Mimi definitely knows that carrots are vegetables! It only skipped her mind for that day! commonnnnn nowwww. LOL! Thank you to all those who dissed me on my last post.

So on to randomness, my specialty... I was at church one day, the service had just finished and I was talking to a man, and there was an aunty - yea you know those acquired aunties - beside us when her son, about the age of six, suddenly ran up to us.
He was crying hysterically. Apparently, he was quite upset with someone. The following scenario got me laughing out loud..

Little boy: Mummy, (baaaaaaaawwwwwwwlll, sooooooobbbb), muuuuummmmmyy
Boy's mum: What is it?
Little boy: its..its... itsssss... (sob sob, gulps air, more sobbing)
Boy's mum: what is it now? what happened?
Little boy: its that boyyyy, mummyy he - soooobb, gulp - he..co.. collected my.. my...
Boy's mum: hhm, talk jare, me i don't have time for all this air you're drinking
Little boy: (obviously getting really angry now) he, he, ITS THAT BOY! ITS HIS FAULT!

suddenly, the boy turned round and gave the wooden pew next to him a very loud (and i bet painful) kick. it was his mum's reaction to his violence that got me laughing oh.

Little boy: KICKS SO HARD, his leg bounces back!!!
Boy's mum: ehn ehn, is that what you want?
Little boy: KICKS HARD AGAIN - BANG!
Boy's mum: oya, agaiinnn
Little boy: BANG, BANG!
Boy's mum: one more time, one more time, common
Little boy: BANNNNG! - this one obviously hurt a lot!
Boy's mum: so are you now feeling better? abi you want more? the chair is there oh!don't worry, it won't break..
Little boy: (really mellow now) no i dont want again..
Boy's mum: are you sure? ehn ehn... its ok then. oya go and look for your dad. pele. you yhear?

the boy walks away, quite disappointed he didnt get the attention he wanted. and his mum just turns back to the lady she was talking to and continued as if her son didn't just try to kick his leg off its joint. A couple of people laughed sooo hard..me included, though i kinda felt sorry for the boy oh, but boy, it was funny.

I had other gist, but i can't remember it now, so I guess it will wait till next time hey?

Oh yea, my gurl just started blogging so show her some love...100%lighty she calls herself...girl you better send me some dosh so i dont reveal your name :) we go wayyyyyyy back, known her for some good decade plus now.. show her some blogsville lurvvvvv people!

And oh yea, guys who can should really try checking out TERC. its amazingggggg!!!!

~Mimi~

18 comments:

Miss Opeke said...

"I am the FIRST...No Sparkle to drag first with me...God I dey tank u oooooooo..."

Happy New Month to you...

Rinsola said...

Happy new month missy!

Admin UD said...

I was about to issue a NORAD on you, eh this girl ;) Come to think of it, ain't we all guilty of attention craving one way or the other. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

this air you're drinking-lol
let me go chech out ur girls page

classybabe said...

lol,poor boy,he didn't get the attention he wanted and he might have a very sore leg

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

GIRL! I SEE U PROMOTING MY BLOG. MUCH LURV DARLIN, WHEN U ARRIVING BRADISTAN?

Anonymous said...

This mimi sef..shio!

THIS IS PINK SATIN looking for mimi's trouble!...Oya come out!let me show u!

ExcitedJade said...

my sis...i miss u loads jare, cos of u i'll be back on monday, ok?
how r u?

Rinsola said...

So we missed you @TERC 2day. Hope you'r doing great? Have a great weekend.

Nkem said...

Hehe poor boy, he got the lesson he needed!

IJEOMA said...

HEY MIMI.. HOW ARE YOU DOING
LOL@AT YOU CLARIFYING..ABOUT VEG OR FRIUTS

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Lol... Kids do this a lot... hawe crazy! They think if they hurt themselves it'll hurt their parents? tew funny... And yeah we know you knew carrots are vegs...happens to all of us sometimes

STREETBRAND said...

This post is so hilarious Mimi.

Miss Opeke said...

So you have not read the memo abi??? Update or we'll remove you blog...
So said, Miss Opeke...

Unknown said...

Lolll that is exactly the sort of thing my mum would have done to us as children! We very quickly learnt that if we wanted attention then we needed to do something good like come first in class!

Welcome back, if anyone ever accuses me of not updating regularly, I will direct them to your page and say 'she's worse than me'!!

NaijaBloke said...

Men that was a nice way to deal with the boy o ... sounds like something i will do sha ..LOL

...toyintomato said...

..the mummy reminds me of what my own mother will do..hehehe.
oya pls update

Uzo said...

Phew! Ur back. That super mom is smart. I bet that isnt her only kid....Now bring on more gist...