Thursday, April 23, 2009

Fire and Water

Ever felt burnt?

By the many events that occur in life?

Ever had a situation where you felt like you were about to drown?

In a sea of emotions? A whirlwind of occurrences that seem to toss you to and fro?

Things happen...

Everyday...

But The One who LIVES has said,

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,

for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you" Deut 31:6


Not only that, HE also promised,

When you pass through the waters,

I will be with you;

and when you pass through the rivers,

they will not sweep over you.

When you walk through the fire,

you will not be burned;

the flames will not set you ablaze; Isaiah 43:2

So yes, you may walk through the fire and pass through the water,

But He has promised; you will not be burnt, neither will the waters sweep over you...

So just let the feelings of being burnt be what they just are. Feelings.

~

I always thought crying when you were hurt was a sign of weakness
But I was hurt one day and crying and God told me it was okay
He created tears and He stood with me while I cried
Then HE wiped my tears away and told me it was okay
That HE was in control anyway
I cried in HIS PRESENCE then I felt HIS JOY
That, no one can take away
And after you've cried, stand up
and dance because you still have the victory anyway.
Ha ha.


~Mimi~


10 comments:

David C Brown said...

Amen. "We have such a one high priest", Heb 8: 1. He knows how we are feeling, and sympathises with us.

olusimeon said...

thanks for sharing this..
you look at King David you'll know very well that its okay to cry..
God will always lift his children up..

Writefreak said...

You know i was here several times yesterday but your blog was restricted!
This blessed me! I especially like the last part about crying in God's presence and then dancing!
Have a blessed weekend!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

last paragrah = beautiful
i hate crying as well because i feel it's a sign that im weak... my mom said.. that's is when you cry to God... in the midst of it all... dont cry out... cry up!

have a great weekend chica

Confessions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thirty + said...

I believe God is telling us all to be courageous at this time.

Thanks Mimi for sharing.

chichi said...

I desire to believe him in and through all things. I also felt crying to God was a big No, No as it showed no faith, but im coming to realize that its okay to cry, sometimes words just are too inadequate, the pain too much to verbalize.
is43:2 is a real comfort, the God of the mountain top is the God of the wilderness.

selah.

Jennifer A. said...

I did not read this one minute earlier or later than I needed it...

Thank you Father, for I know You will never leave me.

Thank you Daddy, because I know that when I pass through the waters, You are with me; When I pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over me; and when I walk through the fire, I will not be burned.

Hmmm...Hmmm..Hmmm...

(I cannot even "hmm" enough).

P.S: So I sent a message to the Peaculiar Tune because even I can no longer read her blog. She has not yet replied. Love u very much Mimi!

Toodles!

Rayo said...

been fytn hard this days to feel, accept his love but i can't seem to no more, cant hold on to it for more than a hot minute...

David C Brown said...

Rayo - He's holding you. That's what matters most!